2015년 5월 28일 목요일

How are you feeling?

 
 
I have experienced various events in November: Halloween, Delegation with the Denver site, Day of the Dead and Thanks giving day.
<Day of the Dead with Soohwi Jo>
 

Delegation
I had a time of learning on the border between the U.S. and Mexico. I was so happy, especially since I could spend time with Soohwi. For a while I could speak Korean and have very meaningful conversations. I felt like God consoled me during my hard times.
During the delegation, the most impressive time for me was spending time with the immigrants and the border patrol. The immigrants cross the border to go to the U.S. to protect their family. On the other hand, border patrol carry the guns to protect their family.
I talked a lot with James (He is working with Frontera de Cristo). He said " Americans also are migrants." That answer made me think about a lot of things.
This border reminded me of the border between South Korea and North Korea.
 
< We prayed for migrants who died while crossing the border.>
 
Voluntary service
The weather begins to cool a little. So We turn off the Cooler, turn on the Furnace, and make water pipes. When I am working, it is still hard to use tool names. But I can do according to the situation.
<Making water pipes>
 
I want to share my journal. (11.17.2014)
 
My co-worker and I took a really long drive. It made me hard to spend time in the car. But I tried to talk with him to be comfortable. The client has six dogs. They didn't bite me and just smell me. Phew~! We repaired the water heater. It was so heavy, so she helped us. When I was getting tired, one of the kids came to me and gave a paper. I was extremely impressed by her. I don't know why. I was glad to work for them. Today, I succeed.
 
 
My precious treasure is my family.
The other Tucson YAVs are my new family in the U.S. Emily works with Refugees, Grace works in Border links and James works in Mexico. I thought I only spend a hard time in different culture and language. They also have to speak Spanish and build relationships.
During a week, my father was sick. When we had a Community Day, Allie said about my father, we took by the hand and pray for my father. I was so thankful for that time.
 
 
<We picked the corn by hand. From left Emily, Grace, Hanbyeol and James>

I feel God with me whenever I have a hard time. When my father was sick, I thought I have to go back. But now, he recover. And when I went to Mexico, I couldn't understand any things. But I spent really good time with Soohwi.
If I look uncomfortable, my new family always ask me. "How are you feeling?"
 
I also want to ask you "How are you feeling?"
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기